Best emulators for PSP 3000 with 6.60 CFW??

Discussion in 'PSP Hacking' started by Mudflaps52, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mudflaps52

Mudflaps52 New Member

Hi all,

New here, but I purchased a new PSP 3000 to play emulators. I loaded 6.60 CFW and was only able to get the SNES emulator to work. All others showed corrupted. I tried to downgrade to 6.35 to no avail (error message).

Without downgrading to a previous FW, are there any emulators other than the SNES that will work on 6.60 CFW?? I'm a little frustrated that I purchased the PSP to play emulators and it seems only 1 will work. Thanks for the help...
  2. Mudflaps52

Mudflaps52 New Member

Figured it out. For noobs out there, emus work on PSP 3000 with cfw 6.60... you need to dig into the files for the appropriate file and drop into the game folder. Don't drop the original file in the Game folder or you'll get a corrupted file.
  3. nofatgirl

nofatgirl Member

Uhm, right. That's because files from the internet usually come in compressed file formats (zip, rar, 7z, etc). Inside those compressed files you will find a folder named appropriately for the particular emu. Drop this folder inside ms0:\PSP\GAME\ and you'll be good to go.
  4. Digestive

Digestive New Member

Here's a couple of tutorials I put up I am running 660 Pro-B10 CFW:
    NEO-GEO
    MAME
  5. Mudflaps52

Mudflaps52 New Member

Thanks for the tutorials. MAME crashes at the ROM load screen, but I'll try some workarounds. Everything else works great (TG16, SNES, NES, etc)... however, I'm having issues with Handy for Atari Lynx. It's telling me that the Lynx ROM isn't loading... I've tried to move the BIOS in a few folders to no avail. The ROMS themselves end with .lnx, which I'm not sure is an error. Any ideas?
  6. Mudflaps52

Mudflaps52 New Member

OK, tinkered with MAME and solved the crash... but is there a PSP friendly list of compatible ROMs floating around somewhere? Not looking for links, just a list. Out of about 8 ROMs, I was able to get 1 working (until it crashed).

BTW, I switched to a PSP Go with 6.60 Pro-B10... not sure if that makes a difference