CFWEnabler ERROR

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew News' started by Kouichi, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

I have been using CFWEnabler for a long time. My PSP 3000's battery went out and I had to reset it. I went back into ChickHEN and went to CFWEnabler. I select Flash and Start. I then get a message that reads, "ERROR! Error writing file."

I get that message 3 or 4 times then I get a message that reads "ERROR! Flasher can't install custom firmware."

Has anyone gotten this error? Is there any way to fix it?
  2. mattyyey

mattyyey Elite Member

let make one thing really clear!

DO NOT FLASH A 3000/V3 MORE THAN ONCE you dnt need to, once you have put the files on flash0 they WILL stay there all you need to do is re-enable them. this is just booting CFWe then exiting!

try that, it wont be able to flash, if you have put so many copys of your CFWe on it that the flash0 is FULL
  3. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

I went to CFWe then quit, it didn't do anything. Is there anyway to access the flash0? Delete CFWs in the flash? Or is there a flash recovery program for the 3000?

EDIT: Ignore all that. I made it back to 5.03 GEN-A. What would I have to do to get back to CFWe properly?
  4. mattyyey

mattyyey Elite Member

uninstall it then flash it once.... this should all be done in the cfwe 3.6
    you also have to uninstall GEN to do this, and again GEN should only be flashed once
  5. Vmurph

Vmurph Elite Member

Mattyyey, CFWenabler can't flash a second time. Only 5.03 GEN-A does that. Once CFWe has been flashed, the menu options change and you can't even select that option again. The only choice is "start".

So what I'm wondering, is how or why is CFWE reverted back to the "pre-flashed" menu. Something isn't right. I wonder if it was somehow wiped from the RAM and the CFWe detected that and offered the "flash and start" option again. Can that happen? Can the cfwes somehow be erased from the ram without actually uninstalling it? Either that or he had more than one CFWE in the ram and it just got clogged. Sounds like he might have tried GEN at one time.

At any rate...Kouichi, you're going to have to use CFWenabler 3.60 to uninstall everything and clean out the ram. If 3.60 won't start for you, then use 3.51 instead. When it launches, choose the UNINSTALL option first. This will uninstall all previous cfwes and give you a fresh clean ram again.

Then go ahead and install CFWenabler again.

6. Vmurph

Vmurph Elite Member

Never, ever, ever touch the flash0 on a 3000. Brick, brick, brick.

7. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Could you stop taunting me and tell me the names of the CFW files copied to flash0
  8. mattyyey

mattyyey Elite Member

thanks for the info, i thought some of the earlier versions could flash multiple times, but i could have been wrong....

not only do we not know exactly, we wouldnt tell u because accessing the flash0 even to change a simple file that has nothing to do with the xmb workings (lets say the battery rco icon) then the ipl would detect its not official and your psp would never boot again! BRICKED! so use the uninstall method as stated above
  9. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Help, the uninstall isn't showing up in cfwebabler. How do I uninstall now? How do I uninstall GEN? I backed up my flash0, is there anything I can do there? Also, GEN isn't loading, when I try to boot in GEN my psp freezes.
  10. mattyyey

mattyyey Elite Member

reboot the psp, then chickhen run the CFWe that should do give uninstall... not 100% on that tho.

backing up the flash is a great idea, if your psp was capable of using a pandora, or had access to the recovery menu, but both of these features are only on fully hackable psps. when it comes to v3 and 3000s you need not EVER touch or view the flash0
  11. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Installation: not detected
    custom firmware loaded: no
    model: psp 3000

I'm in cfwenabler. I can't uninstall. How do I uninstall cfw in flash now? Flashing error occuring.
  12. Vmurph

Vmurph Elite Member

To uninstall CFWenabler, launch it while holding the "L" button. Then when you see the menu, go into "settings" and then "change version". I believe the uninstall option is under that setting. I tried to test it myself, but it gave me a battery low warning and won't proceed. But I'm pretty sure that's where the uninstall option is.

13. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

No settings is showing up. Only flash and start, changelig, and exit. It says it can't write vshctrl. What should I do? There's no cfw, I can't flash any cfw. What do I do? Is there something wrong with my flash0? Do I have to delete something in a flash0 backup?
  14. ultimakillz

ultimakillz Administrator Staff Member

did you reboot already? then reload chickHEN and try this all again? did you hold the L shoulder button as you selected the cfwenabler icon?
  15. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Yes. Didn't work, should I reboot again? And does this work on a 3000?
  16. ultimakillz

try rebooting a few times without loading chickHEN or anything. just turn it off and on, then let it sit for a second, then off and on again. let it load the official firmware a few times before you try loading chickHEN again. after 2-3 times, try loading chickHEN again and cfwenabler 3.60. see if that makes any difference.
  17. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Is this garenteed to work?
  18. ultimakillz

not really. but its guaranteed not to mess anything up :D
  19. Kouichi

Kouichi New Member

Still not working...how do I delete GEN? Is it possible to get an external vshctrl.prx?
  20. ultimakillz

if this is the message you are getting, then you should be at the installation program, which should should present you with an uninstallation option.