Homebrew Browser for the PSP

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew News' started by Organized_Chaos, May 21, 2010.

?

Does this sound like a good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Organized_Chaos

Organized_Chaos Senior Member

This was an idea I brought up over at the PSP-Hacks forums. Several people explained that it had been attempted several times and ultimately failed each time but other people have offered to help out with it. So I'm going to copy and paste my first post here and get your opinions.

Since several people on PSP-Hacks showed interest I created a website: Homebrew Browser for the PSP. It is a free website for now but if we ever get enough money or if this project really starts taking off then we can upgrade to something like vBulletin.
  2. skyend

skyend pWning n00bz since 1245 Staff Member

yes ...thats a good idea....also there are app already for these purposes...( i think i saw some at pspgen )
  3. ultimakillz

ultimakillz Administrator Staff Member

i think this is a good idea. it will involve a ton of work, but i think it will be very cool if everything works out. let me know if there is anything i can do to help ;)
  4. teriyakiboy23

teriyakiboy23 New Member

i do agree that this is a good idea but cant you just get like a file browsing app for the psp and then download the homebrews from QJ on your psp internet browser?
  5. Organized_Chaos

I think I found 2 or 3 apps similar to this but the problem is that they are never updated. I think if we set this up so that everyone has the ability to upload and download files and if everyone has the ability to see the source code, then this project should have no reason to ever get outdated.

Ultima (and everyone else) the best way to get involved with this is to just sign up on the website and just start workin' on it. I do not have enough programming knowledge to do much work on this, I'm just the guy who is going to take care of the admin work and try to motivate people to join this project.

That could work but I want this to function more like the PSN.
  6. teriyakiboy23

teriyakiboy23 New Member

oh i see. not to put that negative energy out there but i dont think there will be enuf people to run that homebrew. id definitely support this though. whats the website?
  7. Organized_Chaos

8. mister.monster

mister.monster New Member

this is a bad ass idea. im no good for development but i will do my best to put the word out. i have a few more good ideas maybe they could be added to this project by competent developers. one idea i had was for a homebrew that allows people to play psx games in 2 player mode online... not ad hoc but via a server. like the homebrew app would run on top of the game and log in to a server with a username and another user running the same game would be player 2 ready to sign into the game. i would think this would likely also have a simple irc client built in so that users could coordinate their gameplay with each other. im not sure, but i would think that this could also be done over an irc channel itself... im sure a lot of people want to play their psx games 2 player without having their friend come over with their psp and all that. any input on this would be appreciated.