How to downgrade PSP-3001

Discussion in 'PSP User Help' started by choffy21, Oct 7, 2009.

1. choffy21

choffy21 New Member

My friend sold me his PSP yesterday, and I was planning on hacking it. Unfortunately, he has been very active updating his firmware, so it has 6.10 installed on it.

I want to hack it, but I know I need 5.03 if I want to hack a Brite. Is there any way to downgrade the firmware?

If it helps, I have a Monster Hunter Demo disc with the firmware 5.03 on it.

And if it isn't possible, please give me the news in the easiest way possible.
  2. luiz127

luiz127 New Member

Hey choffy, unfortunately, people haven't yet found a way to downgrade or hack PSP-3000's with a firmware higher than 5.03, so you're stuck with OFW, but that's not to say something will crop up in the future, so I'd advise against upgrading further.
  3. choffy21

choffy21 New Member

Well are hackers close to hacking the 3000?
  4. azn069

azn069 Member

Probably not, by the looks of it the main guys are mostly spending time with Chickhen/CFW Enabler, in addition some people like yourself who are missing out because your firmware is 5.5x+. Some maybe you'll get a downgrader, or CFW will eventually be available on OFW 5.5x+.
  5. choffy21

choffy21 New Member

A downgrader would be more than enough. The only features I crave on a PSP is the PlayStation Store and ability to play UMD's.

Oh well. I can live without it for now and maybe, eventually, a downgrader will come out and I'll be even more excited about my new PSP.

Thanks for your help.