I'm on 5.03 prome-3. Should I upgrade to 6.35 PRO-B ?

Discussion in 'PSP-3000' started by Bryon15, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Bryon15

Bryon15 New Member

I need help making a big decision. I have a psp 3000 with CFW 5.03 prome-3 installed. I downgraded from 6.20 TN-B because 5.03 prome-3 had psx pops support. Overall I am very satisfied with it. It plays many psp isos, psx games, emulators and homebrew. The only problem I have with it is that it can't play psp games that require OFW 6.31 Namely DBZ tenkaichi tag team. And yes I tried patching it but it still didn't work. So should I upgrade to 6.35 pro-B since it can play psx eboots and higher firmware psp games? I'm hesitating because I don't want to lose any of the stuff my current 5.03 prome-3 can do. Please help.
  2. error

error Banned

Nah don't bother prom is so much more stable and you can just wait for another patched plus 6.35 doesnt have pops support
  3. Bryon15

Bryon15 New Member

4. qwerty123

qwerty123 Elite Member

Bryon , You din't miss anything , you are right 6.35 PRO-B has POPS support
    Id say you stick to 5.03 Prom-3 atm
  5. Draik

Draik Ultima [Moderator] Staff Member

Like everyone said, you don't need to update to PRO-B.
    It doesn't have anything new that Prom-3 doesn't have.

But if you wanted to, you could update to try it out. & if you don't like it for some reason, you can use qwerty123's downgrading tutorial to go back to 5.03 Prom-3. (But keep in mind downgrading is a risky thing to do)
  6. Bryon15

Bryon15 New Member

I thought the difference is that with 6.35 PRO-B I'd be able to play psp isos that require OFW 6.31/6.35 ? Something I can't seem to do on 5.03 prome-3
  7. error

error Banned

ohh i didnt think it had pops support oh well bad website
  8. qwerty123

qwerty123 Elite Member

Why dont you just patch your games using ISO TOOL ?
  9. Bryon15

Bryon15 New Member

I tried using iso tool to patch DBZ tenkaichi tag team but it didn't work :( I just get a black screen.

Also the only plugin and homebrew I use are game categories and bookr 8.1 Will they work on 6.35 PRO -B ?
  10. qwerty123

qwerty123 Elite Member

Most of the Newest games out there need a fix or something and ISO TOOL doen't decrypt the Eboots completely
    have patience
  11. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

more spam from error....

@ OP:

5.03 PCFW with Prometheus is definately the way to go
    If you have upgraded use qwerty's guide to downgrade again - as Draik mentioned
    And stick with the 5.03 PCFW's (CFWE3.70 or GEN-C) with prometheus

You will always come accross games that have issues on CFW so research before you go out and buy them - most compatibility issues get fixed in time
  12. Hawke101

Hawke101 Member

13. krazy66

krazy66 Member

Honestly, I like 6.35 PRO-B better. It has all the features of Gen (minus the buggy recovery menu) and has better psn support