Need some help installing pro-b10

Discussion in 'PSP-1000' started by microberry1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. microberry1

microberry1 Member

Hey there!

It has been a while since the last time I have updated my psp firmware, as I have been very busy in the last few months and I have not had the time to tinker around with my psp, and now it feels good to be free. All of the recent changes in the scene in the past few months have just been so overwhelming, CFW for everyone, and I still remember when I thought that firmwares over 5.03 will pretty much never be hacked so I traded my 3000 in for a 1000!

Anyway, I wanted to install pro-b10 as it seems to me to be the latest full cfw that works. So I upgraded to 6.60 and then ran the pro-b10 update. But, even though it says that the update has been completed successfuly, with the whole "now boot back into CFW pro-b10 ;-)", the psp just stays on a black screen for a while then shuts off. I turn it back on and check the firmware, but it is still on OFW 6.60. I tried to reinstall the firmware by holding down the R trigger while installing it again, but even then the same thing happens and I do not have CFW.

So what is my problem? I really just want to be on the latest firmware, and worst comes to worst I can just flash back down to 5.50-prometheus-4.

By the way, is pro-b10 for psp 1000's a "full blown" custom firmware, or just a permanent CFW that autoruns on startup? Or is the difference just negligible?

Oh, and the whole new pspslimhacks forum theme looks awesome!
  2. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

Check your plugins - thats the usual culprit for PRO not finalising the install!!!
    Yes 6.60 PRO B10 (fix1) with the cipl installed is a FULL permanent CFW just like GEN D3 or m33!
    microberry1 likes this.
  3. microberry1

microberry1 Member

Alright, thanks, I'll try that. But before I do, I just want to confirm one thing before I update. Will installing the cipl thing do anything to affect my magic memory stick (which is my normal memory stick that I use) or pandora battery (which is my normal battery), or any of that stuff involved in changing the firmware of the psp? I don't think it would, seeing as the magic memory stick is seperate from the psp, but I'm just not very sure with the terminology involved, cipl and that kind of thing. What exactly should I install, from the cipl thing and fast recovery? Do I need to install either? And will it affect my pandora battery?

Also, what is cipl and what and where does it install on the psp?

Thanks for all the help!
  4. Gusha

1: It will not affect your MMS or PB or anything else re switching FW
    2: CIPL - Custom Initial Program Loader
    3: Run and Install the PROUPDATE file then run and install the CIPL - this flashes the CFW to the flash0 and removes the need for fast recovery etc
    4: The CIPL can be uninstalled if needed but the easiest CFW switch tools will remain to be Hellcats Recovery Flasher for 5.50GEN-D3 and 5.00m33-6 and or PB and MMS for 5.00 OFW or 5.00m33-4
    microberry1 likes this.
  5. microberry1

microberry1 Member

Alright, thanks Gusha.
  6. hornsup

hornsup New Member

I know i'm in the same boat as microberry...I'm stuck on OFW 6.60..and I feel like Ive tried everything. Still getting black screen and shut off. When you say check your plugins, what do you mean? I know about seplugins folder and where it goes, but what do I need to try to fix this..Microberry did you ever get it to work?
  7. Gusha

Firstly - why resurrect an almost 2yr old thread?
    Yes - remove your seplugins folder temporarily when you install the PRO cfw...
  8. hornsup

hornsup New Member

Yes, I know I "resurrected an old thread", but I needed help. I'm sorry. Do you have any other suggestions if I removed the folder and it still doesn't do anything?
  9. Gusha

This is exactly why you should have detailed your problem in a new thread...
    Please detail EXACTLY the issue...
    PSP? Firmware? CFW trying to install? The exact method used etc!?