[New Method] Hardmodding Slim Batteries - Reversable w/pics

Discussion in 'Time Capsule' started by JPness57, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Rith

Rith mr. awesome Staff Member

How To Open Your Slim Battery 4 Pandora Hard MOD Reverseable W/ PICS

Doing it the trace cut way is way easier then cutting the leg, it is also reversible.
    Slim batteries only have 4 legs.

Soft modding is using an application to change the battery's serial. Hard modding involves changing the hardware itself, like this method.
  2. Nethys

Nethys New Member

I did it! I just did the soft mod, and was able to follow the other tut to put FFVII on my psp. Thanks for the great tutorial, and helping me get homebrew.
  3. dextrozine

dextrozine New Member

i do everything u wrote but when come to put pandora battery back only a blank screen & green light nothing happen.... my psp slim 3.80 (before this it was 3.71 m33-2 but some how my brother update it & become 3.80) this version cannot play homebrew game.... please help me :'( i want to downgrade back to 3.71 m33................
  4. Rith

It must mean the memory stick isn't set up right.
    How did you do it the first time? Did you do the same thing?
  5. pat_11

pat_11 New Member

Hi there,
    first of all thanks for this lovely tutorial :).
    I just tried to open my psp battery to cute trace it. But guess what... Since I am like a bull in a China shop, I may have busted something. In fact, while I was trying to open the thing, I felt a strong heat emanating from it. It may be due to a clumsy move I made with the first strokes. My friend assisting me reminds that I created my mms with the same battery, and maybe the heat is due to the recent usage with the battery in it and recharging while using.
    But anyways I am posting some pics that may reveal some kind of damage. I'd appreciate if anybody can give me any advice for what to do next. Shall I carry on with the cut trace method and carry with the further operations ? or just leave it be for now, buy a new battery and retry with more caution :(
    Thanks in advance folks.
    [​IMG]

you can clearly see the hole on the bottom left of the picture :( please help, can I use it or it may wreck the whole psp :(
    P.S : I bought a datel max power battery, I may try if possible to do the same thing without wrecking it maybe :)
  6. firestyl3

firestyl3 New Member

I really dont think you should. If theres a hole in the pack,battery acid might come out which by the way is one of the strongest acids. If you have another battery try it but I strongly recommend not using that battery,.
  7. pat_11

pat_11 New Member

The other one is not an original sony battery, so I don't know if the tutorials might be quite accurate to soft mod it.
    The hole is only on the grey surface, I don't think that it went very far. I just want to use it once to install hack it. Then I might dump it. Or myabe there is a temporary way to repair it?
  8. deathtozammy

deathtozammy New Member

can the battery also downgrade a slim PSP? because i got it to downgrade but my friend recently bricked his.
  9. cutesniper22

cutesniper22 New Member

I got a question about switch... regarding to the switch with blue rectangle on picture , where the author get it? Is switch must need or just optional?

Can make hardmod without the switch? just like the following image?
    [​IMG]
  10. Rith

Use the trace method, although its a bit old. It will work and it is reversible.
  11. cutesniper22

cutesniper22 New Member

Following is my demonstration on image. Should I cut like this? Am I correct?
  12. Rith

Yes, that's right.
  13. cutesniper22

cutesniper22 New Member

What I know is
    a) normal trace cut without lead: hard-mod battery
    b) trace cut with lead: normal battery.(if trace cut did before)

I have a question on this steps. ---> When I decide to start installation of custom firmware, my psp battery should be in normal status or hard-mod status? A bit confuse at here, since the author didnt mention that?

And one more, after the custom firmware installation done, which type of battery status should I return to?
  14. Rith

When you install custom firmware, leave the Pandora's battery in until its finished.

After a successful install, you can use a normal battery (un-pandorised).
  15. firestyl3

firestyl3 New Member

i think you should delete option 6a. alot of noobs here arent techies in electronics and will probably get confused with that. Atleast put option 6b in a big Font or color. so people will atleast notice that there is another option.
  16. diosoth

diosoth New Member

It is worth noting that the plastic casing of a slim battery is made of soft plastic and should be cut at carefully. The metal conectors that attach the circuit to the battery itself are also flimsy, a small step above being tinfoil.

If possible, I would suggest using a pen knife or one of those retactible blade hobby knives, something in which you can extend the blade only a slight bit.
  17. 1s2

1s2 New Member

What do i use to SCRAP IT WITH?
  18. firestyl3

firestyl3 New Member

a knife or pin.
  19. cheesyllama

cheesyllama New Member

Great tutorial...

... I wish I was sober when i tried it, then it would have worked
  20. mooglebunny

mooglebunny New Member

Ah, I think I get how to do this now with reading the entire thread. xD

I'll probably have to do a soft-mod thing though, because I don't believe we have soldering stuff.... nor should I be using it... heh.

Definitely very helpful! Yay. xD I can't wait to get my PSP now. ;D