Newb - psp 2003 - software 6.20 pro-b10 (model:02g)

Discussion in 'PSP User Help' started by raptorex, Feb 26, 2012.

1. raptorex

raptorex New Member

Hi all,

If you could please?

I reformated my memory card because I couldn't play some of my games and then I tried loading the pro b10 fix and now it doesn't recognize any files under game/memory stick. All the files say corrupted data! I try to reinstall the update and put them under the right folders but it always say corrupted data. And then when I connect to my pc, the update files ie *.pbp files are magically deleted???

I can still run the pro vsh menu? Anything I can do here??

Thanks!

R
  2. nofatgirl

nofatgirl Member

First, is your MS MagicGate supported (Game->Memory Stick->Press Triangle->Information)?

Second, make sure there aren't any PC programs corrupting your PSP files when you connect the two devices (viruses).
  3. raptorex

raptorex New Member

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I thinke magicgate is supported. But alls I see the 'updated' date. Everything else is blank.

How do I check for viruses? I'm running Ubuntu.

Thanks,

R.
  4. nofatgirl

nofatgirl Member

Blank? I don't understand. The following should appear:
    User Capacity xx GB
    Free Space xxxx MB
    MagicGate(tm) Supported/Unknown/Unsupported

Don't know much about the relationship between Ubuntu and *.pbp files but I guess you should try connecting the PSP to a different PC with a different OS just in case.
  5. raptorex

raptorex New Member

oh yeah. I clicked on the files instead.

user capacity 15gb
    free space 15gb
    magicgate unknown

thanks again.
  6. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

magicgate - unknown = fake ms
    that said - the only time one gets corrupt data icon is if there is NO cfw or the files are misplaced!
    Ensure that your cfw is running - fast recovery (unless you have the perma patch) - check under settings>system settings>version to make sure and then place your games as follows: ms0:/PSP/GAME/gameName/eboot.pbp
    The eboot's must be in a folder (name is irrelevant) inside GAME inside PSP found on the root of the ms....
  7. raptorex

raptorex New Member

Thanks!

How do I check if my cfw is running?
    - When I click on 'select' button I get the PRO VSH MENU
    - How do I run fast recovery?

Under settings>system settings>system information, I get:
    System Software 6.20 pro-b10
    Nickname P999
    Mac Address [Model: 02g]

I place all my games under 'ISO' folder. Is this not correct?

When I place eboot file under /PSP/GAME/update/eboot.pbp, I check it and its corrupted. When I connect it to computer, the system deletes the eboot file and the folder is empty?

Thanks,

R.
  8. nofatgirl

nofatgirl Member

Again, I suggest using another PC running another OS to place your files into your PSP.
  9. raptorex

raptorex New Member

Thanks. Which eboot file should be inside the /game folder? It's showing as corrupted, the eboot file I have there.

Thanks,
  10. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

are the eboots in their own folder inside /GAME? the pathway (again) looks like this:
    ms0:/PSP/GAME/gamename/eboot.pbp