PSP-3001 How To Install CFW and Everything I Need

Discussion in 'PSP Tutorials' started by SirCinematic, Apr 18, 2012.

1. SirCinematic

SirCinematic New Member

EDIT: > Mission Accomplished! Thread can be deleted.

After reading through a lot of stuff on this website and seeing how I could easily, and I of all people would, completely destroy my PSP by attempting to install custom firmware and emulators on it, I decided to join the website and get some personal information on what exactly I should do for my particular PSP.

I have a PSP-3001, Original Firmware 6.60. Or to get a better idea, the latest God of War PSP. I love it to death, so I'm really worried about bricking it.

So how can I turn this beast into an emulator machine. I am DYING to play all my favorite old games again, and I'm not wanting to spend over $100 on a handheld emulator device with a tiny screen.

In advance, I thank you all very, very much. I can't wait to hear from you!

EDIT: > Figured it out actually! I'm super pleased. You guys are incredible!
    However, I didn't see a "Delete Thread" button, so hence this note. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us.
  2. JamppCobal

JamppCobal Well-Known Member

You're welcome ! Come back anytime .
  3. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

I Hacked my PSP-3000 and it was easy as eating bonbon i was very scared when i was seeing my PSP getting Hacked, those numerous lines when installing 6.60 pro-b10. but after a long wait i'm playing DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team, MGS Portable Ops, Tekken 6,GTA VCS. Man This Forum is very good.
    Special Thanks to you JamppCobal!
  4. Alexander Miranda

Alexander Miranda New Member

Hello any questions on PSP 3000 models cannot run custom firmware, good thing there is a HEN enable to run a customer firmware through RAM temporarily. Basically as long the PSP is on or Sleep Mode it stays on.

Installing Pro CFW on a PSP 3000 (PSP Brite)
    Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP 3000 has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.
    Installing Pro CFW on your PSP3000 is simple, free, and is not much risky than installing a Firmware update on your device. It does not require any advanced hack technique or hardware modification. There’s basically 3 easy steps (you were expecting more? Sorry to disappoint):

Source from wololo: http://wololo.net/wagic/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-3000-psp-brite/