PSP not charging or turn on

Discussion in 'PSP-3000' started by Joshthebest, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

Hello, I'm having a prob. My PSP 3004 just won't charge or work. My sis last used it and gave it to me and said tht it just turned off. My PSP has 5.03 GEN-C if tht helps. I went to a store to get it diagnosed and they said that it was the motherboard. Anyone help?
    EDIT: my sis reported that it showed the battery empty sign with the green screen and battery empty logo, so that means I can't charge but able to use charged batteries. So how do i fix the charging prob? is it the fuse?
  2. Hawke101

Hawke101 Member

3. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

ok, lemme try that, BTW, how do you know when the fuse is busted? and is there a way to fix that?
  4. Hawke101

Hawke101 Member

You can get a reading using a multimeter (ohmmeter), it should give a reading of about zero ohms. You can just short it out if you want to but it is best if you take it to an electronics shop and get it replaced. You never know if something caused it to fail.
    Joshthebest likes this.
  5. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

Ok, I'll try that, but where is the fuse? is it behind the LCD on the top?
  6. Hawke101

Hawke101 Member

Unfortunately, yes.
  7. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

Hawke, ty, i edited the orig post and btw, the link was for the usb fuse, vbut i read somewhere about the power fuse and on llama, it was the TD fuse?
    EDIT: In the philippines, does toy kingdom accept repairs out of warranty?
  8. Hawke101

Hawke101 Member

It could be any one of those... BTW, in system settings, have you checked if the USB Charge is set to ON (if its Off then try to change it, see if it will work)

No, I don't think that shop accepts repairs outside the warranty period, but there are lots of other game shops, circuit city for one, in malls which will gladly repair your psp for a small fee (around 350 native bucks :)).
  9. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

I can't turn it on since I have no other battery options, and my usb was working fine, it even charges, when I last used it, so what's the deal? I hope it's just the fuse, not the MoBo
  10. Joshthebest

Joshthebest New Member

added info, the fuses labeled tb and lb seem fine and THE RIBBON TO THE POWER BOARD IS LOOSE WHICH IS CON. To the BUTTONS. And do u know circuit cty stores in lpc? Cuz, other stores alwys tell its the mobo. Pls help, icant w8 anymore, my parents wnt send it to sony for 5 mts and even broke their promise :(, so when im out i sent it to 3 shops, same rply. I need a cheap option below 1k pesos. Pls, im gonna use my piggy bank if i have 2