PSX Games to PSP Problems

Discussion in 'PSP User Help' started by Bebeto94, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Im trying to convert my old PSX games to PSP using various tutorials but none of them seem to work.
    Im using OFW 5.03, ChickHEN R2, and CFWEnabler 3.70.
    Ive got as far as seeing the Playstation logo and boot screen but after that it either just hangs or crashes. I thought it must be my set up but ive downloaded a couple of eboot games and they work perfectly.
    Ive read somewhere its something to do with the version of CFW and a compatible popsloader.
    Can anyone who has successfully managed to convert PSX games using a similar setup to mine possibly tell me where im going wrong and what programs they are using as id love to play some of these old games again.
    Cheers guys :confused:
  2. ultimakillz

ultimakillz Administrator Staff Member

im not sure which version of popsloader is compatible with cfwenabler 3.70. since not much was changed between version 3.60 and 3.70, i would suggest you try a version of popsloader that was compatible with version 3.60.

if i remember correctly, popsloader for 5.00 m33 is compatible with cfwe 3.60. you can get it here:
    Popsloader Easy Installer for 5.00 M33 v1.1 | Pops Installer, PSP Hacks - PSP Slim Hacks

also, if the game is making it as far as the ps1 logo, that leads me to believe that your eboots are working fine, you just need to use a different version of pops. you this to figure out which version of pops to use:
    PSX on PSP Compatibility List - TheGamersPress
  3. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Great, thanks for that, i'll give it a go :)
  4. Syu_z

Syu_z New Member

Complete CFWE Guide from Start to Finish with Screenshots

I suggest you follow kefler tutorial regarding the popsloader. He provided an easy installer which contains roughly 10 different version of popsloader. If you do not have other popsloader versions, that is.

Personally I convert using RSGUIPopStationMDv3_00. It's awesome. It converts properly even the most notorious games like Chrono Cross. Someone actually made an experiment on what converter is the best to use. Let me find the link.

Comparing Eboots Converters
  5. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Thanks guys, i did try the RSGUIPopStationMDv3_00 but still to no avail. The game im trying to convert is ISS Pro Evolution. When i go to boot it i get the Playstation icon/boot screen but then it just hangs. Ive downloaded the eboot of ISS Pro Evolution 2 and that works great but as of yet nobody has done the first one.
    Ive installed Popsloader Easy Installer v1.1 in my mem card root (titled seplugins) but it says to activate it you must hold down the R button on power up but i can do that many times and nothing happens when the R is held down. Any suggestions ?
    What program do you guys use to make the iso? Im using Alcohol 120 and sometimes PSOne Iso Maker.
    Also one more question guys, what is the keys.bin ? and is it necessary?
    Thanks guys :eek:
  6. Syu_z

Syu_z New Member

Hm. Check your seplugins. Do you have multiple popsloader inside? From what you describe i suspect you still do not have them. If you want, i can provide you with mine. This is quite crucial as I found many games work with older popsloader. This alone could have a potential to run your game. I'll upload it ASAP. Ultimakillz i assume that this is not illegal? Sharing popsloader.
    Note: You must hold R button not on your psp power up, but when you just load the said game. That means when you just press x to launch your ISS Pro Evolution, hold R button after that.

If RSGUIPopStation doesn't work, try the one that the Comparing Eboot Converter suggests, CDDA Popstation 1.24. But you can try doing this after you found out all version of popsloaders do not work.

I have never converted my psx games to ISO, so I never use any of them.

If you provided the keys.bin when you convert your PS1 game, then you will have the memory card utility so you can copy the save data from one memory card to the other. Other than that, I do not think there is any other use.
  7. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

OK thanks, appreciate it.
  8. Syu_z

Syu_z New Member

9. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Cheers for that , i`ll give it a go :)
  10. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Thanks for all your help guys.
    Just one more question, i cant get CDDA Popstation 1.24 to run on XP.
    Everytime i click on the .exe a DOS window opens up for a split second and closes again. Is there perhaps a .dll file i need to run this program ?
    Cheers guys:confused:
  11. ultimakillz

ultimakillz Administrator Staff Member

hm..... maybe the program needs to be launched from the command prompt.
  12. gbdallin

gbdallin My word is law Staff Member

the pops just need to be dragged and dropped. You shouldn't need a program to put it in.
  13. Syu_z

Syu_z New Member

@gbdallin: He wasn't talking about the program to put pops in. It's a program to convert psx games to psp eboot.

Dude, download this thing called Dependency Walker. Then launch it and analyze the CCDA Popstation. It will analyze what files are needed to launch the app properly and what files are missing. It works like a charm.
  14. gbdallin

gbdallin My word is law Staff Member

that makes more sense Syu. PSX2PSP is another good one, btw
  15. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Thanks for all that info guys. Still cant get CDDA Popstation 1.24 to run on XP.
    Tried Dependancy Walker (Great tool thanks) and although i was a couple of .dll files missing it still wont work when i put them in the windows/system folder.
    Im now going to try and get popsloader working.
    PS When i run an ISO from the ISO folder in the root of my mem card it works fine but if i add another ISO in the ISO folder it doesnt like it. Is there any way of having more than one ISO in the folder or some kind of plugin/tool that will allow me to do that.
    Once again thanks for all your help :eek:
  16. skyend

skyend pWning n00bz since 1245 Staff Member

you can have more than one iso's.
    the file structure looks like this
    /-ISO
    ------- /-mygameone.iso
    ------- /-mygametwo.iso
    /-PSP
    /-MUSIC
    /-blah blah

OR
    Maybe your MS is fake.
    See its magic gate info from the psp .. unknown = fake.
  17. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Thats what ive done.
    ISO/proevolutionsoccer6.cso
    ghostrecon2.iso
    smackdownvsraw2010.cso
    etc....

Pro evolution soccer 6 works fine but if i add another .cso or .iso i cant access the memory card as it just hangs.
    Its an official sony magic gate 32GB, or at least i hope its official . I will take your advice and go and check it in a minute.
    Thanks again
  18. Syu_z

Syu_z New Member

If CCDA Popstation doesn't work, try RSGUIPopstation the latest version. I personally use this to convert my ps1 games, so I can help you if there's any problem.
    Regarding your ISO, I do not know. I have more than 1 ISO and it works fine.
  19. Bebeto94

Bebeto94 New Member

Thanks for all your help guys.
    Im almost there with getting popsloader to work.
    One question im still baffled by is that ive downloaded a few psx eboots which have all worked first time without popsloader.
    How can all these work flawlessly without any popsloader enabled ?
    They range from older games such as Road Rash to newer ones such as Pro Evolution Soccer 2 .
    Is there some way the guys that make these eboots are compiling them with a popsloader built in as the compatibility with all of them seems too good to be true or could it be down to the eboot creation program?
    Im trying to convert ISS Pro Evolution 1 and am having major problems trying to get it to work.
    Cheers guys
  20. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

DL from where?