[Released] Skyline969's Pandora-Free M33 Installer

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew News' started by Skyline969, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Skyline969

Skyline969 Should, but won't

Hey all, Skyline969 here! I've decided to make an unofficial update to the Easy ChickHEN CFW Installer found here. Included in my release is support for both 1000 and 2000 models, an updated version of Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, a chart to check if your motherboard can handle custom firmware, PSPIdent, and a 5.03 OFW update (if you download the FULL version).

Instructions are included in the installer, just read carefully and copy the instructions when shown them and follow them to the letter! Failure to do so will result in a brick! Keep in mind, this is only for PSP 1000s and older 2000s. PSP 3000s are NOT supported. Use PSPIdent and the included chart to double-check and make sure that your PSP can be flashed and live to tell the tale. I'm not being held responsible for someone who foolishly flashes their PSP without checking, double-checking, and triple-checking.

Also, if you have a firmware higher than 5.03, you can't use this installer. Sorry!

Download links are as follows:
    FULL version, for those of you who need to update to firmware 5.03 before flashing: http://www.mediafire.com/?5xwmzztnwmm
    LITE version, for those of you who already have firmware 5.03: http://www.mediafire.com/?glyuhmmymwm
  2. mattyyey

mattyyey Elite Member

[Release]: Skyline969's Pandora-Free M33 Installer

sounds good m8 I'll re direct sum soon to test it if its noob friendly.
  3. Skyline969

One can only hope it is. That's the easiest I can make the instructions! =P
    Well, at least this way I think it's noob-proof. I mean, I believe that HCRF 1.60 (the one included here) will REFUSE to flash CFW to your PSP if it finds that your PSP has an unhackable mobo. I could be wrong though.
  4. Dokioto

Dokioto Moderator Staff Member

Very nice.. This will help lots.
    Plus karma for you ;]
  5. Skyline969

Thanks much, Dokioto. :laugh:
  6. teriyakiboy23

teriyakiboy23 New Member

i cant find the instructions.... lol. i downloaded the "full version" and there are no instructions. just the chickHEN stuff, the update, HCRF, PSPIDENT, and the chart to see if you psp is hackable.

wait i just thought about this.... you mean the instructions are there when you run the stuff on your psp? anyways my psp is hard to update firmware. i cant do it regularly.
  7. Skyline969

The instructions are on the installer. Read the installer before you randomly click next. :p
  8. csmith9119

csmith9119 New Member

I tried this and my psp frooze at first but now nothing. It just sets on the pics. Can you please help? I am a noon this is my first one. It is a psp1001.

Thanks
  9. gbdallin

gbdallin My word is law

keep trying. Thats what chickHEN does, and it takes a few tries to get it to go
  10. csmith9119

csmith9119 New Member

I have been trying and still no go. Could there be something I am doing wrong?

Thanks
  11. gbdallin

gbdallin My word is law

did you turn off UMD auto start and cache? Is the background set to Original?
  12. Skyline969

Remember to use the proper ChickHEN folder corresponding to your PSP. If it's a 2000 or 3000, use the ChickHEN for Slim folder. If it's a 1000, use the ChickHEN for Phat folder. And, more importantly, be patient. If it doesn't load on the first few tries, keep going. Patience is a virtue.
  13. csmith9119

csmith9119 New Member

I am using the phat folder and I have the suto start off, but I dont see the cache. Where is that? I will keep trying.

Thanks
  14. Skyline969

UMD Cache is right by UMD Auto-Start.
  15. csmith9119

csmith9119 New Member

mine doesnt have that opition.
  16. Skyline969

Weird. What kind of PSP do you have again?
  17. Dokioto

My guess is he has a psp phat on really old firmware. Are you running 5.03 official firmware?
  18. Skyline969

Wouldn't he still have the cache option on a phat? Or did the phat just not have enough RAM built-in for caching?
  19. Dokioto

If I am correct (now i could be wrong) they didn't add that till a certain firmware.
  20. Skyline969

That could be possible. My cousin just went back to base recently (Going off to the middle east soon), but if he were still at his house I'd just look at his phat for us to clarify. He has a PSP 1000 with firmware 5.03, so I could tell you easily whether or not UMD Cache was added at a specific version of firmware or not.