Slim psp reboot issue

Discussion in 'PSP User Help' started by IXISIXI, Jun 4, 2009.

1. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

I only started trying to mod my psp the other day and I went through the tutorial to get chicKHEN and then install 5.00 m33 so I could play some PSX games. Anyway, my game kept freezing at the same spot so I tried to get popsloader but apparently that doesn't work with this new firmware so I tried to run hellcats recovery and downgrade the firmware except hellcats recovery won't work. I've tried running recovery mode and booting up hellcats recovery from there but that doesn't work either. Eventually I figured out that the problem is my psp trying to reboot. Instead of rebooting, the system freezes for a few seconds and then simply shuts off. So basically the system works, but I can't change anything about it since the damn thing won't let me reboot it to install a new firmware or run recovery. If I try to restore default system settings it does the same thing and just freezes and shuts off. Anyone got any ideas?

The model is a 2000 series by the way - the motherboard is fine too, i checked that.
  2. Schuyler

Schuyler Member

3. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

My motherboard doesn't support pandora battery according to the guide

Edit:

Now I can't even get games to start up :/
  4. gbdallin

gbdallin My word is law Staff Member

Is yours a TA-088-v3? Or does it not support creating pandoras? there is a difference.... Anyway, you only need DCv8 to install M33 firmware on the system provided it isn't a v3. If it is, you can just use the CFW installer from ChickHEN.
  5. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

It's a TA-085v2
    And I can't get ChicKHEN to run anymore - I've tried a few times and it won't work
  6. gbdallin

Your mobo can boot to service mode with a pandora, it just cannot softmod a battery into a pandora. have you tried formatting your memstick and redoing ChickHEN? if you can get it to work, then you just need to put DCv8 on your stick in PSP/GAME and install M33 firmware.
  7. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

I tried reformatting and reinstalling ChicKHEN but it simply won't load. When I go to pictures and open the folder to view the gif images, nothing happens.
  8. gbdallin

it doesn't even freeze? what about the .tiff image? did you remember the h.bin? Are you using the slim images?
  9. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

Yes I'm using the slim images.

It doesn't freeze and I remembered the h.bin in the root menu

I open the folder and absolutely nothing happens

The .tiff image says unsupported data
  10. gbdallin

you didn't accidentally update your firmware did you?
  11. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

5.03 m33...
  12. gbdallin

Wait, it says M33? Hit select, go down and change normal to M33 drivers... Its under... ah... (checking PSP) UMD ISO mode. If you have M33, then ChickHEN won't work. Your system is modded.
  13. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

Well that makes sense, and I changed to m33 drivers, but it still won't load recovery or play any games.

Thanks for your help by the way - I'm sure I did something stupid to screw this up.
  14. gbdallin

Do you not have access to the VSH menu? By pressing select in the XMB?
  15. IXISIXI

IXISIXI New Member

Yeah I do - that's how I changed to m33 driver.