Snes on PSP

Discussion in 'PSP-1000' started by raptcha, Aug 25, 2012.

1. raptcha

raptcha New Member

Hi

I have just got a PSP 1003 with firmware 2.60 and would like to understand how to run a snes emulator on it. I believe i need to first exploit it then install custom firmware, then install the emulator? I have no experience of using a PSP before but am an able computer user, can someone please explain what I need to do?

Thanks

Mike
  2. JamppCobal

JamppCobal Well-Known Member

First update your psp and install Custom Firmware :

1. Update your PSP to Official Firmware 6.60 either through Network Update or manually (if you don't know how just ask)
    2. Download 6.60 PRO-C fix3 from here 6.60 PRO-Cfix3
    3. Extract PROUPDATE and CIPL_Flasher folders to PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick
    4. From XMB (psp main screen) under Game->Memory Stick run PROUPDATE then CIPL_Flasher

Now download and install the emulator :

1. Download the emulator here SNES9X Euphoria R5
    2. Extract Snes9x_Euphoria folder to PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick
    3. Place roms into PSP/GAME/Snes9x_Euphoria/ROMS folder
    4. From XMB (psp main screen) under Game->Memory Stick run Snes Emulator

If you any problems , questions or concerns post back and we'll get you straight .
  3. raptcha

raptcha New Member

Hi

Thank you very much for your response, its a bit help!

Is 6.60 the latest version? i can connect my psp to wifi and update it that way but im afraid i will upgrade past 6.60.

Would it be safer to do it manually? if so can you please give me some simple instructions how to do that?
  4. raptcha

raptcha New Member

5. JamppCobal

That's the one I use

Let us know if you have any questions , problems or concerns . We'll get you straight .
  6. raptcha

raptcha New Member

I have successfully updated and have the snes emulator you recommended running with zelda a link to the past (I do legally own this game), everything seems great apart from the world map does not show up.

Ive done a quick google and found that I needed to change the video engine to fast + approx and this seems to work. Is this a common problem? would I be better off using one of the other snes emulators?

Thanks for all your help by the way, im really happy to have got this working so easily with your instructions
  7. JamppCobal

You're welcome ! Glad you got it working .

Pretty common enough for certain games . But the tweaks and changes to the emulator are easy enough to do so you get the best emulator experience .

Read this [GUIDE] The PSP Emulators Bible probably the best Guide/Tutorial for emulation on the PSP that I've seen .

Lots of useful tips for setting up the most popular emulators including the SNES emulator .
  8. raptcha

raptcha New Member

Ive purchased an 8gb memory stick for my psp and with all this free space im wondering if there is a way I can copy my games onto the device so I dont need to carry the cd's with me anymore? ive read that I can download ISO images but how can I get my PSP to play ISOs?
  9. JamppCobal

I was all set to help you , until I read that part . If your intention is to download ISOs , I can't/won't help you .

I will however tell you to re-read the rules of this forum particularly this part :

3. Requesting links to, posting links to, or asking for help concerning illegally downloaded games (ISOs, CSOs, ROMs, etc.) is absolutely forbidden.
    This forum is does not support piracy. Any post regarding illegally downloaded games will be acted upon.
  10. raptcha

raptcha New Member

im a bit confused, im not looking to download games illegally. I want the ability to play the games I own. I dont have a drive that I can use to take images of the CD itself, so i thought to download them? If there is a way I can turn my actual games into ISO's without downloading then im more then happy to do that.

Just to make it very clear that im not looking to pirate games I don't own, I didn't just buy a PSP I have gone and bought a bunch of games as well, please find a photo of my games below (hopefully its clear to see they are all brand new).

photo.JPG
    Gusha likes this.
  11. JamppCobal

That more than makes it clear . My apologies , hope you understand . :) Anywho ........ your PSP is the drive you will use to make backups .

To make backups of your UMDs on CFW :

Insert UMD into psp , press select , VSH menu should appear
    scroll down to USB DEVICE , use d-pad left or right to change to UMD DISC
    Press select again to exit VSH menu
    Connect psp to PC with USB cable
    Find your psp's drive letter on PC ( it will be named something like ULUS-10437)
    Click on drive letter you will see UMD9660.ISO (can be renamed AFTER copying), that is your UMD's ISO
    Copy to your PC for safe keeping , when done press O to exit USB mode
    Press select for VSH menu , scroll down to USB DEVICE and change it back to "Memory Stick" , press select to exit VSH menu

Now you can connect back to your PC and copy the game backup you just made to ISO <-all caps folder on your memory stick .

You should also change UMD ISO MODE in VSH menu to Inferno if it isn't already .

Any more questions , concerns or problems just post back and we'll get you straight .
    Gusha likes this.
  12. raptcha

raptcha New Member

Thank you, totally understand where you are coming from... which CFW do I want and how do I go about flashing my device, same as when i manually patched? Will this CFW impact my ability to use signed emulators etc in any way? is there a way to go back to OFW if something goes wrong?

Mike
  13. JamppCobal

14. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

Well handled gentlemen! Top Notch!
    JamppCobal likes this.
  15. JamppCobal

Thank you Gusha . Nice to see you back ....... again .