[Testing] 5.03 ChickHEN HCRF Installer

Discussion in 'PSP Hacking' started by Skyline969, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyline969

Skyline969 Should, but won't

Think of this as an unofficial update to PSPSlimHacks's Easy ChickHEN CFW Installer. What this does is installs all the tools you need (all the recent versions, plus the installer for OFW 5.03) in order to install custom firmware on a PSP 1000 or early 2000 without a Pandora battery. I made it up within an hour or two, and I don't have a PSP to test it with. However, on pen and paper, the design is seamless. It installed fine to my memory stick, anyways. I just can't test it due to having a PSP3000.

Can someone test out this for me? I claim to have made the installer that installs the tools to your memstick, but I do NOT claim ownership over any of the images or programs included in the installer. Those are all copyright of their respective creators. Still, only someone with a Pandora battery as backup try, as I don't want someone crying to me if they brick their PSP because of this. At least if you have a Pandora battery you can recover if this fails. If it does fail, let me know where and I'll fix it up and make a new release. Installation instructions are included, so if you don't know how to use ChickHEN or HCRF, it'll walk you through it.

If this works, I'll release an official version with a better name and updated information file, as I already caught a few mistakes I made in the information file. Not in the directions, worry not, but in the disclaimer and the description. I'll also release two versions - LITE, for those who already have OFW 5.03 (installer won't include 5.03 update to make the installer smaller) and FULL for those who need to upgrade to 5.03 (installer will include 5.03 update).

I know this is my first post, but please trust me. I go by the same name on GBAtemp, where I'm quite trusted, but I figured this would be a more suitable place to discuss this.

Download link removed, check the release thread to download.

-Skyline969
  2. PSPFan

PSPFan Administrator Staff Member

Hi seems a good idea to update that installer I made a while back. I will find my PSP-2000 and give it a go. (My PSP-3000 gets all the use these days with CFWEnabler)

Once I test it I will get it posted to our news blog.
  3. Skyline969

If you do, please wait until I make an actual release version. That one's kind of sloppy, and if I get something released on the internet, I want it to be polished up and looking nice. =P So if it works, let me know and I'll get a nice-looking release version made up first thing tomorrow. :laugh:

EDIT: Just so you know, I went ahead and put all the finishing touches on it. As long as there are no problems during installation or use, she's ready to be recompiled under the new name and released. Custom graphics would be good, but I suck at doing graphics, so it can stick the way it is now. =P
  4. PSPFan

I'm installing it now to my memory card. Just waiting for that finish. Nice idea having two folders for both slim and fat. I jsut made mine for the fat before.
  5. Skyline969

Thanks. =]
    Well, as long as it installs to the memory stick fine, it should work. I didn't tamper with any of the apps, so the way they work shouldn't be altered at all. I've done some major work on the information file, including altering the instructions for the LITE version and fixing plenty of errors in the information sections. As far as I know, as a double security blanket, HCRF won't flash in version 1.60 if the mobo is detected as an incompatible one. I could be wrong though.
  6. PSPFan

You need instructions our something to load up once its installed. Other than that it seems to work fine!
  7. Skyline969

Excellent! However, the instructions are on the installer. Just scroll down after the legal disclaimer and whatnot. =P
    I'll make and upload two installers for you - a FULL version and a LITE version. As I've said before, the FULL version will have an update for OFW 5.03, while the LITE version won't. Both will have the same tools though.

EDIT: To make things even easier, I've broken it down so the disclaimer is in one section, and the installation instructions are in their own section. Recompiling the two installers as we speak.

EDIT(2): The installers are made, I'm uploading them now. However, it's 3:30 AM here and I need to turn in. The ETA of the uploads is about 40 minutes, and I can't stay awake that long. =P First thing tomorrow morning, I'll release the download links of the two versions in a new release thread. Good night. :)
  8. PSPFan

Ok thanks.
  9. Skyline969

And there you have it - release thread created, Skyline969's Pandora-Free M33 Installer is ready to go!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.