[Tutorial] Hellcat's Recovery Flasher 1.65 to install CFW or OFW on HEN'd, CHA PSP's

Discussion in 'PSP Tutorials' started by Gusha, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Gusha

Gusha Moderator & Class Clown Staff Member

MUCH OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE COULD OR MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR PSP IRREVOCABLY AND I NOR PSP SLIM HACKS CAN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS - READ THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY AND APPLY ONLY THE ADVICE APPLICABLE TO YOUR PSP - IF YOUR ARE IN DOUBT - POST FOR HELP!

THIS GUIDE IS DESIGNED FOR USE ON COMPLETELY HACKABLE (CHA) PSP'S ONLY (psp100x any motherboard; psp200x ta088v2 and lower)

IF YOU FOLLOW THIS GUIDE ON A PSP200x (ta088v3); PSP300x OR PSP GO - AND MANAGE TO MAKE IT RUN YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP PERMANENTLY!

~What you will need~

The homebrew application:

The Official firmwares:

3.71, 3.80, 3.90, 4.01, 5.00, 5.50, 6.20

(Each extracted file will be visually identical "EBOOT.PBP" and must be renamed before placing on the root of the memory stick (ms0:/) eg. OFW3.71 = 371.pbp; OFW6.20 = 620.pbp, etc.)​

~Installing and Using Hellcat's CFW Recovery Flasher~

Once you extract the application you will see a folder named "rflash165" which contains four folders and two .txt files​

1. FW1.50 not needed for these purposes
    2. FW-Packs Includes the .rpf files for specifically installing 5.50GEN-D3 and 6.20OFW on the PSP 100x and 200x respectively
    3. Pandora not needed for these purposes
    4. RECOVERY the main application folder which includes the program's eboot.pbp file
    5. FASTLZ.TXT not needed for these purposes
    6. README.TXT includes detailed instructions on installation and use (Kind of like what I'm doing here! LOL!)

Do the following for: 3.71 > 5.00m33

• Place the RECOVERY folder with its eboot.pbp file contained here: ms0:/PSP/GAME/
      • Place the official firmware eboot for the corresponding CFW renamed as indicated above on the root of the Memory Stick, here: ms0:/371.pbp or ms0:/401.pbp or ms0:/500.pbp
      • Run Hellcats RF from the XMB - select the required OFW in option 1 (toggle with X) and below it select to install CFW of the above OFW - follow the prompts and reset all settings and install the m33 CFW
    Do the following for: 5.50GEN-D3

• Place the RECOVERY folder with its eboot.pbp file contained here: ms0:/PSP/GAME/
      • Place the 5.50 official firmware eboot once you have renamed it 550.pbp on the root of the Memory Stick, here: ms0:/550.pbp
      • Take the 5.50GEN-D3 external FW Pack for RF extracted from the FW Pack folder and place the corresponding version of the .rfp file to your psp on the root of the MS, here: ms0:/PSP1000_550-GEN-D3.rfp or ms0:/PSP2000_550-GEN-D3.rfp
      • Run Hellcats RF from the XMB - select 5.50GEN-D3 External FW pack in option 1 (toggle with X) and below it select to install CFW of the above OFW - follow the prompts and reset all settings and install 5.50GEN-D3

Do the following for: OFW 6.20 (Easy Method)

• Place the 6.20 official firmware eboot once you have renamed it 620.pbp on the root of the Memory Stick, here: ms0:/620.pbp
      • Take the 6.20-OFW external FW Pack for RF extracted from the FW Pack folder and place the corresponding version of the .rfp file to your psp on the root of the MS, here: ms0:/PSP1000_620-OFW.rfp or ms0:/PSP2000_620-OFW.rfp
      • Run Hellcats RF from the XMB - select 620-OFW External FW pack in option 1 (toggle with X) and below it select to install CFW of the above OFW - follow the prompts and reset all settings and install 6.20 OFW

~ADVANCED MODE~

In Advanced Mode it is possible to utilise more features than in the Standard Mode and most specifically you can install OFW versions of the firmwares installed - 3.71 > 6.20​

This feature is NOT for the average user and should ONLY be used if you understand the consequences of your actions (Most requiring a Pandora Battery and MMS) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Place the required official firmware eboot renamed as indicated above on the root of the Memory Stick, here: ms0:/371.pbp or ms0:/401.pbp or ms0:/500.pbp
      • Run Hellcats RF from the XMB holding L + R + SELECT to boot into Advanced mode and confirm this selection
      • Select your desired firmware in option 1 (toggle with X) and two lines below this select to /!\ Install clean ORIGINAL FW - Confirm the choices and install the selcted OFW

Many Thanks to the PSP Staff, Specifically - PSPFan, UltimaKillz, Raziel, Dokioto, Draik, Rith & Skyend - The Elites, Specifically - mattyyey, timboy67678, jport (more famously known as some1), qwerty123 & Ninja88 - And all the contributing members at PSH for ALL you do to keep the PSP scene alive and entertaining!
    DatSikBoyz likes this.
  2. basikalbaru

basikalbaru New Member

thanks. Very usefull notes. :)
  3. Resistace397

Resistace397 New Member

would this work to fix 3.10 OE-A and get it to 6.60 pro-c?
  4. Gusha

It won't hurt to try (it will either work or won't) but I think HRF works from 3.71 upward iirc!
  5. daokevin

daokevin New Member

where r the ofw for 5.00 and 5.50
    btw am i able to update from 3.80 to 6.60
  6. Gusha

The Megaupload links were down so I didn't replace them - please google for them
    You are easily able to update 3.80 OFW to 6.60 OFW but will need to use this app to update from 3.80 CFW to 6.60 OFW because of Dark Alex's (DAX) update protection script that will give you a DADADADADADA error if you try to update...
  7. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

hey! here it says that i need ofw to update.......but i have cfw 3.71 m33 from which i cant come up due to error (80010005) ofw update cant read memory stick properly can i still use it and what about ofw 6.60 does it work with that i mean updating to ofw 6.60 from 3.71 m33 on psp 1004?! please help!! :(
  8. Gusha

Im not sure where you got that idea...
    That 'sentence' is completely incomprehensible...
    Please explain exactly what you want to do, what works, doesn't etc...
    On 3.71m33 you would simply install 6.20ofw USING this app - then install 6.60ofw manually - then install 6.60PRO-C2 manually...
  9. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

what i mean is that when i bought my PSP (1004 PHAT) it was preloaded with 3.71 M33. Now when i am trying to install the OFW 6.60 from sony's website it gives me an error saying that it cannot read my memory stick and i am sure its not a hardware problem. a person on another forum site (pspmods) gave me a link that bought me here and said that it may solve my problem. so the thing i am asking is that will hellcat help me? here the tutorial said its for updating to 6.20 but i want to use it for 6.60 please reply! :(
  10. Gusha

Cool but old and VERY outdated
    That sounds like a fake MS issue OR a MS reader problem - Ive never seen that error before! Check the MAGICGATE status of the MS by selecting it on the xmb and pressing tiangle and x on information... Unknown or No means a fake and I suggest replacing it...
    Well that's nice of them... ive not been on at MOD in years... ;)
    That's because Hellcat never made an external fw pack for 6.60... The highest he went was 6.20...
    SO
    If your ms works long enough to get HRF working you can install 6.20 and then try again installing 6.60 (which would answer any hardware issue problems)...
  11. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

about the memory card.... i bought it from a sony store i have three 4gig cards all original and all work like a charm and yes its magic gate supported i checked once again so wish me luck im going in for the 6.20 hellcat stup should i try it?!
    Mod Edit - Post Merge
    hey when i run hellcat's recovery flash thingy there is an option for target firmware it only goes upto 5.00 what should i do?!
  12. Gusha

Ok, give it a try but I fear you may have the same error reading the card issue... Unless that's an EARLY dax protection script on your cfw

Mate it clearly states for 6.20 ofw that you must place the 6.20 EBOOT.PBP renamed 620.PBP on the root of the ms as well as the 6.20 external fw pack... Then toggle the selection in option 1 with x to delect external fw pack...
    Sheesh!
  13. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

hey im very very sorry i know its a menace but its the first time im doing anything like this....so im a bit scared....i mean i always root phones and stuff but thats differrent.
    so in the option 1 there is an option of loading from external pack and then after entering it it takes me to another screen only saying the PSP1000_620-OFW.rfp file name......should i go ahead with that?!
  14. Gusha

yes
  15. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

HEY MANN THANKS ALOT INSTALLING IT RIGHT NOW.........DEFINITELY FOLLOWING YOU ON TWITTER!! :D
    Mod Edit - Post Merge
    hey man its says all done now it says press any button to shut down im pressing all the buttons but still it aint shutting dows!! HELP QUICK!!!!
  16. Gusha

Lol ok...but when you're done install 6.60 manually (place the downloaded eboot.pbp inside ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ and follow the prompts)

Oh shit!
    Listen carefully - IF its frozen you MAY brick rebooting... That will require a PANDORA battery and a MMS to fix...
    But if its frozen - a hard reboot is all that's going to unfreeze it... When you've sat down - remove the battery and see if the PSP boots after reinserting it...
  17. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

hey the 6.60 updater is working awesome!! :D :D i thought it was the software problem
    Mod Edit - Post Merge
    i surpassed the (ALMOST BRICKING POINT) all is well! :D
  18. Gusha

Well you're VERY lucky - normally when HRF freezes its a brick for sure...
    I'm glad you're now on 6.60 and its just PRO-C2 cfw yet to install... Well done! :D
  19. TheDevMehta

TheDevMehta New Member

thanks alott man.......couldnt have done it without your live help!! :D the thing is now i have pro B10 CFW which unloads itself everytime i completely turn off my system!! :p :(
  20. Gusha

Well that was silly....

Uninstall B10 by running the proupdate file and select uninstall then...

Permanent cfw on 6.60.... whoop whoop!