What is the latest CFW for PSP 3000?

Discussion in 'PSP Discussion' started by iwantm0r3, Dec 27, 2012.

1. iwantm0r3

iwantm0r3 New Member

Hi,

Can someone tell me what is the correct CFW I can use for PSP 3000? My current version is 6.60. Also, if I install it will it void the warranty? Can I restore the OFW if the installation of CFW failed?
    What is Light CFW?
  2. JamppCobal

JamppCobal Well-Known Member

The PSP 3000 can only use a Light CFW as it is what is referred to as a "partially hackable" PSP like the PSP 2000 with an 088v3 mobo, a PSP GO, and the E1000 (Street)
    The latest Light CFW for the 3000 is 6.60 PRO-C fix3
    If will not void the warranty as it is not permanent(disappears after a reboot)
    You can easily uninstall the LCFW by running the installer (PROUPDATE) again and select the uninstall option.

To install 6.60 PRO-C fix3:
    1. Download 6.60 PRO-C fix3
    2. Extract PROUPDATE and FastRecovery folders to PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick
    3. From the XMB under Game->Memory Stick run PROUPDATE (you are now on LCFW)
    4.After a restart, crash, or dead battery (you will be on OFW) run FastRecovery to restart the LCFW

If you anymore concerns please post back and we'll help get you straight.
  3. iwantm0r3

iwantm0r3 New Member

Last question, when I ran the PROUPDATE can I used a non-magicgate Memory Stick Pro Duo?
    Or I will damage my PSP if I used a non-magicgate Memory Stick Pro Duo?
    Also, once I am running on LCFW, I will be able to use .iso or .cso game from my original UMD?

Thanks
  4. JamppCobal

5. energizer

energizer New Member

I haven't been updating my CFW for a long time, and it actually is still working with most games, I'm using chickHEN and CFW 3.70,
    question is: if I want to do the above, will I then need anything else than 6.60 PRO-C fix3, or is that just it??
    in the "old" days one has to do a lot of things to get around but this seems rather easy, or at least easier than before with having to enter photo folder to run chickHEn, and hope for it to flicker the screen and so on... and then run the CFW 3.70 or so...
  6. JamppCobal

I also used ChickHEN and CFWE 3.70 on my 3000, and I have to tell you, I don't miss it.
    Since you are on 5.03 FW, you have 2 options. Check this thread here psp3000 hack pls help..
    If you still have questions, let us know.