What to do step by step?

Discussion in 'PSP-3000' started by Aminos3D, May 4, 2012.

1. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Hi Guys i'm new in this whole psp world, anyways i recently bought a PSP 3000 version 4.21 new without a memory stick.
    So Guys i'm asking you what to do so i can be able to play PSP Games step by step without UMD and Thanks!
    Yours;Aminos3D
  2. Jace98

Jace98 Active Member

First of all buy a memory stick and a USB.You cant do nothing without them.I would suggest an 8 GB MEMORY STICK.Then you must install CFW.I would suggest 6.60 PRO-B10 as it is the newest one.Update to 6.60 Official Firmware either by network update or manually
    Then download 6.60 PRO B-10fix1 from here http://psp.dashhacks.com/downloads/psp-custom-firmware-pro-b10
    Extract PROUPDATE and CIPL_Flasher folders to PSP\GAME folder on memory stick
    From XMB run PROUPDATE then CIPL_Flasher
    Now you are on 6.60 PRO B-10fix1. Then create an ISO folder on the root of your MS(Computer->Removable Drive(X: )X isthe letter of your psp.In that folder you add the ISO's.
  3. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Thanks You Helped me a lot, but can i play all games?
    and what about those 5.03gen-a and gen-b? what are they? and what does they add? doing this operation will brick my PsP?
    Thank You Very Much;Aminos3D
  4. Jace98

Jace98 Active Member

There is a a chance of bricking it during the procession.Just make sure you dont shut down the psp while updating.And its better when your PSP IS UNLOCKED SO YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY TRY IT!!!.And yes all the games.And 5.03 gen are CFW too but they are older than 6.60 pro-b10.
  5. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Good thanks, that helped me a lot too.
    there's anyway to unbrick the psp?
    and i found a tutorial on youtube on how to install that cfw
    do you recommend that i follow it?
    Sorry for Bothering;Aminos3D
  6. Jace98

Jace98 Active Member

I didnt use the fast recovery folder at all i did what i stated above and i am on 6.60 pro B-10.I dont know why use fast recovery.
    And if you brick your psp you can simply un brick it by using Magick memory stick and pandora battery(you can create both of them).
    I am sure you are panicked.Try it and tell me the results.
  7. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Thank You Dude! I'll try it after getting the memory stick and the mem stick is kinda high priced here it's for 65 Tunisian Dinar the 16 GB memory Stick and the 8 GB is for 48 Tunisian Dinar i'll try to get some money from my parents and buy it as soon as possible, wait until i get a good grade on an exam inshallah they'll give me money to buy it thanks anyways dude you helped me a lot cause i'm still a newbie.
    Goodnight;Aminos3D
  8. JamppCobal

JamppCobal Well-Known Member

Disregard everything you have read !! You have a 3000 and its only partially hackable . You can only use a Lite Custom Firmware . DO NOT RUN THE CIPL_Flasher , it will brick your psp !

Do this after you have a memory stick:

Insert memory stick into psp
    Go to System Settings and format the memory stick (it will create the folders you need)
    Update to Official Firmware 6.60 either by network update or manually (ask if you don't know how)
    Download 6.60 PRO B-10fix1 from here http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-custom-firmware-6-xx-pro-b10-fix/
    Extract PROUPDATE and FastRecovery folders to PSP\GAME folder on your memory stick
    From the XMB under Game-->Memory Stick run PROUPDATE
    Now you will be on 6.60 PRO B-10fix1
    After a reboot , crash , or dead battery run FastRecovery to restart your Lite Custom Firmware .
  9. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Thanks for your answer, and what do you mean with partially hackable? And what's a CIPL_Flasher? and what do you mean with "after a reboot , crash , dead battery?
  10. JamppCobal

Partially Hackable means cannot run a Full Custom Firmware
    The CIPL_Flasher is what makes the CFW permanent for fully hackable PSP's
    "after a crash , reboot or dead battery " means that when your partially hackable psp reboots it will be back on OFW . So you must run FastRecovery to restart the Lite Custom Firmware.
  11. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Thank You Guys, one more question how do you rate this operation Safe/Dangerous?....
    Sorry for Bothering;Aminos3D
  12. JamppCobal

As long as you follow the directions , there should be no worries .
    And you're not bothering anyone , that's why we're here .
  13. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

Good, Thank you for your big help 2 of you! i'll do what you told as soon as i get a mem stick!
  14. Jace98

Jace98 Active Member

Good luck!Sorry for the wrong advices i didnt did it on purpose.
  15. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

No Problem!
  16. JamppCobal

This would work great on a fully hackable psp , but not a 3000 as the OP has . And a pandora battery and magic memory stick does not work on a 3000 either . I know you meant well but it could have lead to a brick . Please try to be more careful in the future .
  17. JamppCobal

No problem for the help , that's what we're here for . Let us know when you're ready to try this and we'll get you through it .
  18. Aminos3D

Aminos3D Member

How can i upgrade to ofw 6.60
  19. Jace98

Jace98 Active Member

http://pspcfw.com/dl/download.php?file=831PSP_660_FW_UPDATE.RAR
    Rename the folder with the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.
    Then move it to your psp game folder.
    Then run it and DONT CLOSE THE PSP WHILE UPDATING BECAUSE IT WILL LEAD TO A PERMANENT BRICK!!!!! make sure you buy a USB as well.
  20. JamppCobal

You could use network update or download 6.60 from http://us.playstation.com/psp/ but you will need a memory stick to do it .
    When you download the EBOOT.PBP , copy it to your PSP\GAME\UPDATE (all caps) folder on your memory stick
    From the XMB under Game-->Memory Stick run the updater and you will be on OFW 6.60